Friday, April 3, 2015

Look At What I Ate: Paris

Just as a beginning blurb: I don't know if it's just because we specifically sought out really good restaurants and did our research but, I had some truly spectacular meals in Paris. I can't betray the food of my beloved Italy, but she does have some close competition now.

Let's Talk About Crepes

So. Many. Crepes. Crepes everywhere. But, it's not in the bad way. It's in the wonderful-makes-me-the-happiest-twenty-something-tourist-slash-dessert-addict-in-Paris type of way. The first day we actually had crepes for two out of our three meals that day. No regrets.
Where the magic happens.
Right before my first crepe. Look at the excitement.
Baby, shape doesn't matter.

Break the Fast

Cafe Richard-- Montmartre 
We found this place near where our flat was. It wasn't anything spectacular but, it was definite proof that we had no idea what we were ordering. We thought we were getting toast, some coffee and bacon. Nope. Didn't even have to eat lunch that day.


 Le Petit Pont

Right by the Saint Michael metro stop and the Siene (and the Shakespeare and Co. Bookstore). It's a fun little place and they had a pianist and some super fun drinks on the menu when we were there.



 Cafe de l'Industrie

A fun, super cheap place that's a little out of the way but totally worth it. It's been around for basically forever (like many restaurants in Paris). But, it's geared towards working class people and always has. Their menu reflects that: nothing fancy, but everything good.

Special note for, I kid you not, the best hot chocolate I've ever had in my entire life.

Money? Nah, Show Me the Desserts

Best Eclair I've ever had: Le Moulin de la Vierge


 Lunch on Rue Cler

Rue Cler is basically a foodie's paradise. If you're in Paris and you love your ingredients, I highly recommend. The shop is lined with specialty food sellers. Stephanie and I walked around and bought a every piece of our meal from a different shop. The cheese man was so nice. We told him that we were making lunch out of bread fruit and cheese, and he didn't even hesitate before saying that he knew just the cheese to give us. And the cheese was amazing. But are you even surprised?


Au Pied de Fouet

No pictures for this one but, I had to mention it. Au Pied de Fouet is the definition of a hidden treasure. It's a little closet of the restaurant. You share tables with people you don't know. The staff is super friendly and doesn't speak much English. It was also one of the best meals I've ever had in my life. Nothing was overly fancy but, everything was so perfectly cooked and paired. We also had three courses for under 20 euro a person. Where does that happen? Nowhere I know but here. This is an absolute must try.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio