Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Things That Are Currently Better Than Having A Man In My Life

I swear to God that this is not some crazy single girl post where as I'm typing this I am secretly crying and haven't showered for days. Well, maybe not the second part-- it is finals season. No, this list is rather in the vein of the Thanksgiving season. As corny as it is, this is a list of simple joys. And for all of you out there, who for some God forsaken reason think that being in a relationship (whether it's with your ex, the boy you haven't met yet, or that actor who is the reason for your Netflix addiction), I invite you to remember your simple joys that don't depend on someone else.



1. This hideous grey XXL crew neck sweatshirt.

It's literally my favorite thing ever. Please someone remember to bury me in it. Some of my favorite features include:
                       - The ability to hide a pregnancy
                       - No need to wear a bra, because you can't see I have breasts in it anyhow
                       - It never talks back
                       - Great for hiding like a turtle

2. The fact that Ben and Jerry's makes frozen yogurt.

Seriously changed my life. Half the calories. Tastes basically the same. Are you guys listening?! Half Baked for HALF the calories! (What.)


3. Long hot showers on cold days. 

This is the best feeling. Especially living on lake Michigan, after a long day in the wind, nothing is better than getting into a hot shower. Also, if I'm feeling fancy, I use the Stress Relief line from Bath and Body. I walk out of that steam abyss a new person.

 4. Onesie pajamas.

My mom never had us wear onesie pajamas as kids, and shame on her. Along with naps, apple juice, and Disney movies, onesies are having a Renaissance in my young adult life. My sister and I recently just invested in a pair of reindeer ones for a particularly festive Chicago bar crawl-- but more on that another time.

5. Christmas on campus. 

After coming back from Thanksgiving break, I'm pretty sure Loyola just decided to make everything Christmas. We currently have the biggest Christmas tree I've ever seen in our student center, which I have been eyeing for a corny family picture. The student center, especially in the new addition, is basically all windows, and at night with all the trees lit up outside, it's breathtaking.

6. My roommates.

We've had a little trouble pinning down the roommate situation this semester. We've had three different girls fill one spot. But now that we're all locked in, I honestly couldn't ask to live with a better group of girls. It's so important to be surrounded by positive energy. It makes the rest of your life better.

7. Red lipstick. 

So glad that this trend has made a major comeback. It's literally a life saver. It makes me look like I tried really hard when I didn't. Also, it doesn't require eye makeup if I don't want to (I can make the whole not-trying-look look planned). But, most importantly, it gives me an awesome boost of confidence, even on my worst days. You can't say you don't feel powerful seeing that you left a mark on your coffee cup. Don't even try to deny it.



xoxo
lauren

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio